2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition
The GM product team had accomplished a lot for the 2014 and 2015 Corvette model years, having introduced the totally new C7 and, for 2015, the supercar class Z06. For 2016 they are taking a bit of a breather, with two minor upgrades and four special edition models.
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C7.R Special EditionClose
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C7.R Special Edition black wheels with yellow accent strip and Corvette Racing-logo center capsClose
The C7.R, a road-going, track-capable homage to the Corvette Racing C7.R racecars, leads the 2016 special edition roster. It consisted of the Z06 with the Z07 Performance Package and:
- Offered on coupe and convertible models with 3LZ trim
- Available in Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat (new for 2016) or Black exterior colors
- C7.R Edition graphics package
- Above Right: Brembo carbon ceramic brakes and Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup 2 tires Yellow brake calipers
- Black wheels with yellow accent strip and Corvette Racing-logo center caps
- Visible carbon fiber ground effects package
- New visible carbon fiber hood section
- Grilles and vents finished in Spectra Gray Metallic
- Jet Black leather interior with sueded microfiber accents on the instrument panel and doors Sueded microfiber-trimmed Competition Sport Seat, steering wheel and shifter
- Yellow contrast stitching throughout the interior
- Carbon fiber interior trim package (high-gloss)
- Corvette Racing sill plates
- Numbered C7.R Edition interior plaque showing the build number, starting with VIN 700001
- Special indoor car cover with C7.R graphics.
2016 Corvette C7.R Special EditionClose
MSRP: $111,400 plus $995 delivery. It is important to note that the C7.R Special Edition does not offer any performance upgrades over a similarly equipped Z06. The horsepower, suspension and weight is exactly the same.
016 Corvette C7.R Special Edition headrestClose
Above: Embossed 2016 Corvette C7.R Special Edition headrests. Yellow contrast stitching can be found throughout the interior. Below: Interior plaque.
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup 2 TiresClose
Below Right: Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup 2 tires, an aggressive street legal track day tire is standard equipment for the 2016 2016 Corvette C7.
2016 Corvette C7.R Special Edition Dash PlaqueClose
With no major changes for 2016, the Corvette Stingray (MSRP: $56,395) continued to be THE "bang for the buck" King of the performance car world. When equipped with the Z51 option (adding $5,000 to the MSRP) it is still a track day star and competitive with others costing twice the price.
2016 Corvette Updates:
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Front Curb CameraClose
Another novel feature introduced in 2016: "power-cinching" (self-latching) hatch or trunk lid that self closed the last small bit of travel, eliminating the requirement that owners slam the hatch or trunk.
All 2016 Corvettes have the smaller flat bottomed steering wheel introduced in the 2015 Corvette Z06.
New exterior colors include Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat (replacing Velocity Yellow) and Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat (replacing Crystal Red Tintcoat).
New standard wheel finishes: silver, black, black machined and chrome.
RPO B92 Carbon Fiber hood with visible weave section - a portion of the hood (from the hood vent exit to the windshield) is exposed Carbon Fiber with a "Jake" decal.